Here is a sure-fire 3-step way to plan travel (with just 3 considerations per step)
The three building blocks of any travel are:
- time (blocks of travelable time)
- money (annual travel budget)
- locations (think regions, rather than individual cities/sites)
Because we always want more than we can have, we need to know what is more important or practical, with:
- what places we feel drawn to or have a special need for
- special events or timing that would make this trip special
- meeting our budgets of time, money, and effort.
Regardless of our needs or choices, we have to be practical about getting them.
- check different kinds of services (Skyscanner, Expedia, Trip Advisor, Booking.com, etc) as well as any air/hotel member programs.
- build three versions of an itinerary, accommodating for variance balances, including finances
- give your top list to a travel agent, to see if they can do better for same price (or less for same trip)